View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

I am worried about where he will go, he doesn't have many options, but that is not my problem right? it is hard not to worry about him...what will happen to him on his own, no where to live. But he knew that was the outcome if he didn't abide to our contract. this site is really keeping me on track!!!! Thanks to all of you!
I understand your worry, but if you think about it .. he has places to go ... He was some "place" when he was supposedly "working" and lets not forget there are plenty of homeless shelters also there are rehabs that he can get into if he wants help. So you see .. HE isn't without options UNLESS HE chooses to be. You are NOT obligated to keep a roof over his head .. He is a big boy. Of course it is hard not to worrying about him .. because you love him (but worry about him doesn't change anything) You can worry until you are blue in the face and he will still do what he does .. You will end up a nervous wreck with an ulcer. He needs to start worrying about himself... He knew the consequences .. he chose to break "the contract" and now as painful as it is .. it is time to enforce the penalties thereof. He's banking on your love and weakness for him to keep you from doing so ... Its time to step it up a notch and show him that you will no longer except the unacceptable ... He cannot steal from you or your child, he cannot pretend to be working as a disguise for getting high .. he cannot break the agreement the two of you have. He cannot play on your heart strings that he doesn't have anywhere else to go EXCEPT for your place. He is a big boy and can find his way around to get high .. its time the big boy finds his way into recovery .. I know it is tough and I know it is hard and I know it hurts, but the pain you feel now will be far less greater than the pain you'll feel later.

Whatever you're agreement was with him .. Stick to it. otherwise it is just an idol threat and is very damaging to yourself first and foremost.

YOU CAN DO THIS .. it won't be easy, but you can.

******{Hugs and prayers}}}}
Passion