View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
triniteec

what made me stop? (you asked)

4 years ago, this very day, was let out of jail from the night before, had my car impounded and had to get my parrot out of the animal control facility because I was living in my car and was arrested on a DUI. I'd had enough of going to jail because drinking=jail for me. Luckily I beat the DUI charge and decided to get a full time job and straighten my life out. Nobody was going to do it for me! My friends in AA let me sleep on their floor for 6 months where I saved money enough to get my own apartment. I've been at my place ever since. (3 1/2 years) I moved in with a mattress on the bedroom floor and 2 plastic white chairs. (thats all!) Now I have a couch, rugs, bird cage (a big one for my parrot) lamps and plenty of food. Life is good when you sober up and things become more clear on HOW to live, making better choices. (or asking for help when you need it) There is hope, I am living proof! Be kinder than necessary, beacuse someone, somewhere is fighting some kind of battle. One day at a time!