View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Hi Sadness keep us posted ok? Rayofsunshine's advice to read that book Co-dependent No More is excellent. And it's an excellent book. It will help so much.

I know that your father has hurt you terribly over the years but just remember that at some point, you can face that damage he has done to you head on and take control over your life. Recognizing that you have a problem with relationships because of your relationship with your dad has done is the first step. Getting help for that problem is the second step. In the end, you can overcome your disappointing relationship with your dad. It's really up to you. Even if your father was never there for you, you can still have loving meaningful long term relationships with good decent men.

In the meantime, I suggest you just stay away from boys all together and focus on doing really well in school, getting into college, and getting a great job when you get out. :-) IMO, boys suck. Especially high school boys. lol.

Focus on yourself and becoming the best young woman you can be. Despite your father.

I'm pulling for ya!