View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
catecicc

Update--

I stayed home. I told him I just wasn't up to it. So he went on his merry way and I went over a friends house drank wine and laughed till my belly hurt. Funniest part about it was HIM calling ME asking where I was!!!!

It felt good to come home and be able to breathe easy. He told me that everything went well. I said great. I am quickly learning not to ask too much. It's a strange game I play with him treading very lightly on caring too much and caring too little.

Nyte--I appreciate your input and you hit the nail on the head with so much you said. He was given a boundary prior to leaving....MY leaving. I calmly told him that this was my last straw. He had his night to his self, but he needed to understand that if he came home messed up, I wouldn't be there the next morning when he woke up.

I am done being the nightwatch, the scapegoat, the punching bag, the shoulder to cry on. I can't do it anymore for myself or for him. I cannot continue to sit back and watch him take over MY life.

I am proud of him though, I know Friday night wasn't easy for him. I hope that Friday gave him some extra belief in himself. He could use it.

Thank you all for looking out for me. I really appreciate it.