View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
graci

Hi, im Graci, ive been on SR on and off for about a year and a half. At the time I first joined, my abf was only into pot, except he was dysfunctional, as time went by he got worse and worse. About 4 months after I joined here he went to Arkansas to his brothers wedding, and relapsed on meth, from there it started going downhill rapidly, he came home after a week, went back to the pot but then started with the coke, which led to trying crack, and after that heroin. He joined the marines last december to try to make a new start in his life, made it through bootcamp, and I was so proud. Came home on leave did pretty well, except recently he told me that he smoked crack the one night he went out with his friends. Well anyways, after he went back to base he found that they werent going to let him continue in his training, there was a problem with his ankle, so he ended up in a medical platoon, just there waiting bored out of his mind, he soon found that he could sneak in alcohol, and buy others pain pills, sleeping pills, etc. When I saw and talked to him I could tell he was getting more an more depressed, he ended up going awol around the first of June, and being awol for 70 days, during this time I never suspected him of using, although looking back now that I know, I can see it. Anyways he was pot, crack and heroin, shooting it up, not everyday mind u, because alot of days he was home with me, but enough. He then went back to base, I found out everything and confronted him about it, and he said he knew he was sick, that he wanted to get help, even talked to the chaplain. He asked to be placed in mental health services and they denied him going because of te legal issues of him being awol. Well and heres where he finallly really flushes himself down the toilet. A week and a half after going back to base he went awol again. Down to tijuana with a friend to celebrate his friends bday party a bit etc. He didnt tell me he was going. I didnt hear from him for 2 days and by that time was a bit frantic, so when he called and told me that he needed me to send him money so he could get back to base, he gave some story about landing in a mexican jail and that the mexican police took their money, which does happen, so i sent him some money. In the meantime one of their friends went missing, apparently he went off with some really bad people, and my bf told me that he was worried about him. WEll after I sent the money he and his other buddy went back to mexico to look for their friend, which btw they never found, but my bf ended up getting meth, which he hadnt touched in over a year. After that the next time I heard from him was the following night and by this time I was frantic, had been trying to call his phone and finally someone who spoke spanish answered and told me that the phone was sold to him for 40 bucks. My bf was so incredibally high when I talked to him talking about people watching him, people smuggling drugs, illegal aliens etc.. He scared the holy crap outta me, he sounded horrible, after that i didnt hear from him for 3 days, got to the point where I thought he was dead. The next time I heard from him he sounded better, he didnt ask for any money said he had to try to get back to base, he had almost died. talked to him again the same night and he was high again. He even told me he was doing drugs down there, heroin and meth didnt lie to me about that, although about how much Im sure he did.
The next day he called me from the border, he had gotten arrested, the charge was illegal alien smuggling, there is more involved, Im not actually sure he did it of his own freewill, but who knows, he is now facing a 5 year mandatory minimum sentence, and yes it is the federal system and its a federal felony. He says its a wake up call for him, I truly hope it is, because i know if he goes back to using it will only get worse. Hes been in 1 month now, he calls me alot, but I havent gotten any letters which hurts me a bit, because im sure he doesnt have alot better to do in there.
GGod how i wish i understood the reasons y someone would just flush there life down the toilet like that, I dont ever think I will. ive told him that i will support and encourage him thru this but only if he is willing to get help and actually follows thru. Im glad he is in jail, not because I hate him, but maybe because he will finally open up his eyes and see where his way of life will lead him each and everytime. Its a chance for him. I also know it could go the other way. I choose to believe in him. I know that the drugs he was using were pretty heavy, and that he tried to od on the heroin when he was in mexico, he told me. I know if he goes back to it he will end up dead cuz what is worse than trying to kill yourself and then end up in prison, I dont think anything. Im so afraid, if this isnt his bottom than he i one of those that dont have one. Anyways this is getting really long and Im sorry just wanted to share my story..