View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

Going to visit son at Oxford House

Hey gang,

Well, my son has been at Oxford house since Tuesday. It has been a rough week for me, thinking of him on his own. His dad took him to the recovery home, so I haven't even seen it yet. So of course my codie mind imagines every possible thing. I have talked to him at least once a day. He sounds quiet, subdued. He is there with 6 other guys, older than him. He has been looking for a job with no luck yet. So today I am going to see him and his surroundings. I think it will be helpful for me. He has been going to meetings, continuing with outpatient at his rehab home. He has also been watching the Cubs and cheering them on. We did get word that he passed his GED with flying colors! He was really excited about that. His scores were all in the 90s, even getting a 99% in writing. As a reward, I am going to surprise him with Bob Dylan tickets. He happens to be playing in the town he is living in. He will be excited. Everything looks good for today. Now if he can just get a job.

I really do think the recovery home is best for him. If he were here, he would be right back in to the same crowd. Every day he is clean and away from his crew, is a good day.

krhea