Thread: Here goes ..
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Octoman

Hi Joanie, ParentRecovers & Reubena!

Is everything okay Joanie? The bad days seem to come and go dont they. We wake up in the morning feeling okay and then whallop! life hits you. Hopefully you are doing better now. Let us know how you are.

That place I was standing I dont recall specifically. My friend who took the picture sent it to me weeks after we got back. Looks like I was posing but I dont remember it being taken. Maybe it looks like a huge drop because of the angle? There were some thin ridges from time to time but I'm not too great with heights either so normally stay a little back. Maybe I had a bit of dutch courage. Used to carry whisky with me when I walked .....

Either way I just love the scenery there. Scotland is so beautiful and remote. Its hard to feel unhappy in amongst such natural beaty. The weather can be awful so not many people venture into them. It can go from a sunny day like in the picture to zero visability in half an hour. Because its so free of people the animals are not scared of people - they have never seen any before. Some birds will come and sit with you and take bread from your hand. Arctic foxes come right up to you to see what you are. Its magic.

I totally gave up walking a few years back - gave up everything to be honest - so its good to be reminded of the things I once enjoyed. I dont have the fitness yet to do something like that again. I hope I will do though. I have started exercising again so maybe over time I will get in shape. I hope so. My joints ache terribly now though, i really should get it checked out. Its not normal at 34 I think.

Oh well, enough waffling from me! Speak later.