View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Princess
Paused

Angry Is this how it's going to be?

Hi ya'll! I finally got to talk to my duck last night. He called as soon as his poker game was over. He said he hadn't been drinking but he did smoke some pot.(as if that's any better!)
Anyway, he has his license taken away for a DUI last yr and won't get them back until next yr. So he asked me what would happen if he got caught driving and had to spend a yr in jail? (he has to drive while working because he has 2 propertiers he manages, and has to drive during the day back and forth to them)And I nonchalantly, I guess before thinking, blurted out "Well, maybe you'd get sober that yr in jail!" Was I so wrong for saying that? (Actually deep down I meant it)He got very upset-quickly. I said I was sorry and was just kidding and he hung up on me! I called him right back and he wouldn't answer. THAT pissed me off! Then about 10 min's later he called back to tell me "I'm not mad at you, everything's fine, I'm going to bed. There's nothing to talk about." THAT pissed me off too! It didn't matter that he hurt MY feelings, it was all about him. He doesn't want to talk about things, only wait awhile, then forget about them.I realize that it's the disease and he couldn't be that selfish of a person if he was totally sober, but dang! Is this how it will be? All about HIM, as long as he's drinking?! Anyway, thanks for listening. Oh, and this morning he sent me an email, like nothing ever happened. He said the world was a better place with me in it and he loves me, blah, blah.....beautiful new day, etc.
Whatever.