View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lobo

Louise,
I'm sorry that this has to continue. He kind of sounds like my daughter. It seems in the past she was deep in her addiction and she was awful. It seems now when she relapses she comes to me and tells me and gets herself right back on track. I think that is progress. It certainly is not perfection but it is progress. She is doing well today, but I keep my expectations low. I still live one day at a time.

She is in a suboxone program. She was really sick on it at first. She has gotten more used to it now. When she first takes it she feels nauseated. She has passed all of her drug tests since she has been on it. I know it is helping her to get her life back. I can see it because she lives with me. She said she will take it as long as she has to and then wean off of it. She takes one 8 mg. a day. She did lose a few pounds since she has been on it because of lose of appetite.

The good thing is.......your son told you. It sounds like he wants to get better and he is trying. They say relapse is a part of recovery.

My best to you and your son...........Lo