View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
laurenlanai25

so heres a question for you?

this might be kind of confusing, i am not asking for medical advice i am just looking for experience with paxal?

in feb 06 i went on lexapro(10mg) i have anxiety, i am also an alcoholic so i stay away from benzos! at first i loved it, i wasnt so worried all of the time, it was like a whole new way of life! at this time i had been sober 3.5 years, at the end of april beginning of may i relapsed and had been drinking up until two months ago. at some point, i cant say when, i felt the meds took away my drive, that i was so chill that i just really didnt care about anything. now im sure it wasnt all of the meds, haha, im sure alot had to do with the alcohol too! about 4 months ago i went off of the lexapro completely and have not been taking anything, (with doc consent). so today i went to a new psychiatrist, before i went to a therapist who made reccomendation to my fam doctor on what meds to put me on. this guy came highly reccomended but part of me feels that he didnt actually listen to me, he wants to start me on paxal, he wrote me a script and said we will see u in 4 weeks! i guess i am jsut confused, i know i have anxiety but i dont want someone who is just going to subscribe me anything. could the lexapro have been great and me actively drinking screwed up the effects and just the normal symptoms that alcoholics get make me think it was the medicine not working? i guess i am just confused, i know he is the doctor and went to school and studied this stuffm but of course i feel like i know more then him! hahaha....i just dont know! i have heard very negative things about paxal, my biggest concern is the weight game...

sorry so long, but i guess if anyone can share there experience with alcohol and anxiety, or just any experience with paxal????????????

im confused, thanks