View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 04:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
guineapigjude

Wow, what a telling reflection on our culture! What does the woman married to the A have to comment on when bumping into the A's X? Her size. Why? Because in the woman's warped thinking, aided by our culture, size/appearance indicates worth.
Did you all see the horrible Britney Spears dance routine from the awards show? The poor girl was so obviously impaired it was painful to watch. But what does the media comment on? Why, that she's fat of course! Geeeze, by all means go ahead and self destruct, but please be skinny while you do it!!!!
I have been skinny (told I looked great on the outside, felt like junk inside.) I have been a 20 and happy as a clam. Losing weight never made my life any better or worse, nor did it ever matter to my kids, because they love me for who I am inside.
This woman attacked with all she knew how. She must equate worth with size, as do so many others. Brava for not descending to her level.
Oh, and from this size 14, maybe next time you could just discreetly trip her??!!