Thread: Laughter
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

I have always tried to temper the worse circumstance with humor.

Let me share this:
I have had a couple of near faints pretty close together. The first one I explained away. The second one there was NO freakin' xplaining it away and it happened TWICE in a short amount of time.

Soooo.. time to see the Dr. and she orders tests up the Wazoo..

1st they draw blood. This is 3 vials. I sit down at the lab with the intake person and she starts asking me questions (name, DOB, the usual). Then she asks me my Religious affiliation if I have one.. I think it is odd, but I answer. Next she asks me who my next of kin is for notification... At this I said, " Wait a minute.. I am here so you can take 3 vials of blood, right? Or do you intend to take it ALL???" Brought the house down.. apparently the computers were down and all this is verified every time you go in, so they had to write it down.

Next test ordered is a CAT Scan of my brain. I said to the Dr., "are you SURE you want to look IN THERE????? This may not be anything you REALLY want to SEE!" she is not native to this country and she got all serious and looked at me and was silent for a minute then she GOT it... Started to laugh....

I get heart checked out next.. will find out if that is still working in a couple of weeks. I assume it is since I am typing this.

Now, don't get me wrong.. this could be real serious stuff. I could be in real trouble. Or not. I could worry and ruin my life until the tests are in and I go back to my Dr. to discuss the results.

However, I have chosen not to worry. Whatever is wrong has likely been wrong for awhile and I am quite pragmatic. Life will continue or not. Likely not much I can do to change that right now and I am eating right.. walk 3-4 miles a day so I know I am behaving in a healthy and responsible way (taking care of me).

If I drop dead well, I am doing what I can right now (and I believe this is unlikely.. Geeze loueeze MY Hp doesn't want me up there aggravating him and letting him know how he could IMPROVE the job he is doing... HE is going to keep me down here aggravating codies and A's alike.. as long as HE can I am sure!)

OTOH my life may change. I may end up on some sort of medication or whatever. I may have to change the way I do things.

So, I laugh and make a joke of it. Laughter IS the best medicine. I DO laugh.. and I did even when I was in so much CoDie Pain I thought my heart would explode. It is ESSENTIAL to laugh.

BTW while in the CAT Scan machine today and b4 the test started I was laying there and looking at the magnetic ring thing and I said, "Beam Me Up Scotty!"