View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do, and yes, it does gain a deeper meaning as we grow in our recovery.

There comes a time in your life when you finally get it... When in the midst of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out - ENOUGH! Enough fighting and crying or struggling to hold on. And, like a child quieting down after a blind tantrum, your sobs begin to subside, you shudder once or twice, you blink back your tears and through a mantle of wet lashes you begin to look at the world from a new perspective. This is your awakening.
I remember this first paragraph having a huge impact on me when I first read it. It told me that as soon as I hit that "enough" point, knowing I had to change "my" life and yet didn't have a clue where I was going, that I was already on my way.

Awakening to my codependency and knowing there was hope for even someone as hopeless as I was, was perhaps the biggest step of all, just acknowledging that my life needed changing and feeling prepared to do whatever I had to do to make it better.

I will never regret the moment I decided "enough". The timing was exactly when it was supposed to happen and when I was prepared to surrender my old ways and awaken to new and better ways to live.

Hugs