View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Well, My son's father is gone. He's been out of prison for 2 1/2 mos. He never admitted to drug use, actually vehemently denied it, without me even asking but last Friday he went out for pizza and never came back. He didn't answer any phone calls. Didn't respond to text messages. Nothing. On Sunday evening he called and asked if he could come home. I reminded him of the boundaries I had set. One of which was if you disappear, do not come back. He got very upset at me, complaining he didn't do anything wrong. Idiot. Whatever. My son was pretty devestated. He's only two. He has been looking out the window to see if his dad's car is there. He's been saying, "daddy, pizza? daddy like pizza??" He was pretty listless and sad for a couple days. I'm just trying to keep him busy doing fun things. His father was more of a glorified playmate than a role model anyway. Anyway, that was the last I heard from him. I have mixed emotions ranging from anger to relief to hurt and even some guilt (like it's my fault? that's a codie emotion if I ever felt it). But it's been relatively easy since I had a good routine in place and no expectations that he would be around forever.

Anyway, I dont know where he is or what he is doing. I kicked him out so it's no longer my business anyway. I feel bad for my son though, that his father is such a self-serving manipulative SOB that doesn't care enough about his baby boy to try to make contact.