View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Life Change

Cool

Hello all! Welcome to Kimm & Caroln. This is defiantly a great place to be for finding a sure path. I know that reading and posting here has helped me a lot. I am a recovering addict and am on work release coming off of a 3 year prison term. Prison saved my life and gave me a chance to learn and find my way, so it is possible, but it is also the hardest thing I think I have ever done, and continue to do. My prayers are with you and your loved ones. I don’t get a lot of free time at work to post here but I try to read as I can, and will try and post more, as I can.
Hello also to Ray, Babs, Kitty, Sadness, Dakota, and others.
I am doing very well at work in the office. I am looking at getting a restricted license soon, and hopefully a promotion by the time I get out (march). I just had oral surgery last week and all is well now, but dealing with the meds while still in jail was a big headache. I still read a lot and do my Bible studies, and look forward to meetings on the street.
I also am dealing with a few people closely related to me being addicted to drugs. One is trying to get better and the other I don’t know, but I have learned a lot from you all here on how to concentrate on me and then I will be able to be there when they may be ready, but I cant make them become ready and I just need to be safe for me.
Ther are other tings I would like to type, just don’t have the time right now.
Sadness, about writing your Dad: just write anything , your day at school, your friends, what you like doing, maybe yall could even read the same book and talk about it. I know I enjoyed every word that my son wrote me when I couldn’t really talk to him.
Well I look forward to learning more with you all in the near future.

“I use to use drugs to alter my perception of reality, now I use reality to alter my perception of drugs”- ME