Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Krys_wyo
~ 5 ~

I feel like I won't have any fun if I quit
So many occasions ran through my mind when I quit and wondered how they could be fun without drinking......
well i made it through a year of them and I remember them, their not fuzzy or embarresing moments their genuine memories.
I wasnt hungover at my daughters first soccer game or my other daughters horse shows or softball games,
I didnt embarres myself at my husbands softball games like so many others who were drinking did.
Friday night I went out to a movie with the girls, after the movie I went home and snuggled with hubby and watched the FSU game,
all the girls went out to the bar to play pool....i could of went I could of drank pop or water but i dont want to go out to a bar....and over a year ago i would have never turned down a chance to go to the bar and make a a$$ of myself...lol

I geuss what i am trying to say is that when we quit drinking we have to relearn how to live and it isnt easy at first but after awhile it becomes natural.

All but 1 of my friends drink, but unlike me they are social drinkers......something i never was, they can go out on the weekend and have fun and drink and then not drink again for a month or so, i cant do that i can never drink again and they all know this and respect me for it and are supportive, they still invite me everytime and most of the time i will decline and offer to watch their kids and let them know i am only a phone call away when they need a ride!

Like Rusty said you have age on your side.....learn to live now so you arent just exsisting in 10 years!