View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
jillybean

Hi Vixen!

As others have posted, you are not alone. I hope that gives you some comfort and validation. I know Abf often messes with my perceptions of reality even when others were/are witness to what he says and does. Validation helps me alot.

When he was drinking, he would drink all night long, every night, without my knowing it until he confessed. He would drink every drop of alcohol in a bottle and replace it with water and curse the liquor store for selling defective merchandise. He once decided to experiment with coffee brandy drinks and when I noticed that the amount seemed to be going down without my seeing him drink it, I marked the label with pencil and confronted him about it. He was adding it to his coffee to hide the smell from co-workers. I wonder if it ever crossed his mind that he stunk of alcohol all the time and the only one he was fooling was himself.

His ex told me that whenever they had one of their frequent parties, which always included hundres of dollars worth of alcohol, he would drink bottles from each case of beer and refill them with water and pull the same liquor store excuse. Two years after he was out of their home after their divorce, she was still finding empty bottles in hiding places.

Keep creating the life YOU want to live.

((()))
Jilly