View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paulie
It is what it is!!!

I've been asking for some help, and yesterday the gates got kicked open, and the help just poured in....
That is how it works Doug, we just have to ask.

The program is the solution, it is not the punishment. When we reach out for help, we have no idea how we are affecting not only ourselves but others.

You not only stayed clean another day, but you helped others to stay clean.

I spoke at a meeting several months ago after I was done a woman commented that she had heard so much sadness in my chair. OMG it devasted me, I cried when I got home. But then I realized she was right, her harsh comment to me affected me so deeply that I jumped back into my recovery like I had not jumped in years. And I finally was able to thank her last week for saying that to me, she had tears when I told her how much she had helped me without even knowing it.

I need that, I need honesty. I need my covers pulled when I am hiding behind them. This disease is serious to me and I need my 'fellowship' to share honestly and openly with me not only with their crap but with my crap.

Thanks for sharing this Doug, another miracle in the universe. We share the good and the bad....together.