Thread: Double winners
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cecilia

For someone in your situation I can see where this womans actions could cause you some emotional pain. I dont see her going away so youre going to have to learn to deal with her.

"Im sorry you cant act like that in here. Thats alcholic behavior. We dont need that in our Alanon meetings. Our members come here to get away from that sort of behavior"

I used to have trouble with people like that until I saw the situation for what it was. An oportunity to practice speaking up for myself. The more you stand up for yourself the easier it gets.

I still have trouble with people close to me but strangers dont bother me at all now. And the nice thing about practicing on them is that you can walk way from them and never look back.

This woman is nothing to you. You could walk away from her and never speak to her again and it wouldnt bother you. Right? So the next time she does something unacceptable. tell her calmly that shes stepping out of bounds. No yelling. Youre practicing assertiveness not meaness. ;-)

The more you stand up for yourself the easier it gets. Pretty soon it becomes second nature and you dont even realize youre doing it.

Last edited by Cecilia; 10-28-2003 at 08:42 AM.