Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
catsmeow

Need Advice

Tonight I am seeing my AH for the first time in a week. We are supposed to meet to talk about the future of our relationship. I need some help in wording what I want to say to him because I dont want things to become more escalated than they already are and I want him to hear what I am saying and the boudaries that I am trying to set. He thinks that I am always trying to control him (by not wanting him to drink) and that his drinking is not a problem. He is a binge drinker who really only drinks excessively on the weekends and does not see a problem with that. He feels the problem is my rage that I have toward him. I do have A LOT of rage and anger toward him for all the things he has put me thru and when I catch him with alcohol at home I will take it and dump it in the sink. I also will scream at him and can be very relentless. I dont know any other way to act and what I am doing is not working. What is a better way to react when I start feeling the rage and seeing him with alcohol? HELP! I want to set firm boundaries with him, but not say it in a condesending way. Any advice on controlling my rage issues and on how to talk to him would be greatly appericiated. THANKS!