View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wascally Wabbit
Power is not having to respond

Help needed with woman at work

I am a manager of several people including two supervisors.
One was recently promoted to that position. Before she was just a part timer, but her work was so amazing that she deservedly got a promotion to super. She is a shining star, capable, and downright brilliant.

She did an incredible job of taking care of her department so much so that the regional manager was impressed as heck! Of course if he's happy, my store manager will be doubly happy due to the fact she makes him look so good. She has become the "Golden Haired Child" in his eyes.

Since getting the position, she has become the psychpathic bi*** from hell.
It's like a HUGE power trip the likes of which I have never seen before.

Well, another employee knows a man I will call John who knows this girl. John claims that this girl and the girl in the cash office were lovers at one time. And, that the one in the cash office was/does take coke occationally. John used to work at a bar that these two girls frequented.

I take this in as gossip mostly, but today, I notice that the supervisor girl is running around like a chicken with her head cut off. She couldn't focus on one thing for trying to do 10 things at once. Several employees complained about her abrasive comments.

We are missing almost 2,000 in cash out of our safe since about 3 weeks ago. These two girls are making everyone believe it's the assistant manager, but I am beginning to wonder if it's her and the cash office person. They are constantly whispering and close.

I found out that she went through everyone in the stores files and knows how much everyone makes, including myself! When I approach the store mgr about this, he blows it off and says he'll take the keys out of the file cabinet where he always left them (right in the lock itself for any one to open)

She pilfers through my office. She is constantly bad mouthing me in secret.
She is borderline with me about insubordination.
The store manager is one of those who does nothing all day then leaves 3 hours early. He's a really nice man, but does not do anything at all about problems that arise in the store.

She is garnering a gang against me. Sorta like a pack of dogs.
It's getting out of hand, and the store manager won't do much about it.

Office politics being what they are, it's hard to decide what action to take.

I would appreciate any feedback on this. It's a real quandary. I have never had to deal with such a narcissistic control freak like this in my life. (axh included).