Old 09-14-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mertzie

I know it hurts like hell, but hon... I'd bet you anything that so-called clean time is nothing but a big lie. So, he said this to his new girlfriend that he's moving in with??? The person who's providing him with a place to live??? I obviously don't know anything about him, but from my standpoint, it sure sounds like when he couldn't pull anything over on you anymore, he turned to someone else to lie to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending her.. I mean, she left her husband to be with your abf, right? Sorry, I don't buy any of it.

I know your heart is breaking, and I'm so sorry about that. In a way, I can relate to what you are going through. When my best friend started using, I was worried, I wanted to help her... and wouldn't you know, I was the first person that she shut out of her life. To her, I was the "problem", not the drugs. The only people that are still in her life that she knew before the drugs are those that are either oblivious or believe her lies.

Take a look at "What Addicts Do". I know I have to read it over and over whenever I fall into the trap of taking my friend's addiction personally.

Hugs