Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
embraced2000

been gone for awhile......hello to everyone!!!

i've missed this forum so much.....my life has been so very busy with family issues....son-in-law was in a very serious bike accident, so i've been helping out with their 5 children.

my mother moved in with me....well, i made her an apt. adjoining my apt. she has parkinsons and needs a little more attention.

my ex hit a bottom that seems to have changed him.....he is now renting a place here in town, is sober, and going to school for addiction counseling. he seems to be an entirely different person, and is cleaning up his messes that were created in active addiction.

i have many boundries in place and life is so good. sometimes, i just can't believe how good life can be with boundries......not only with the alcoholic, but with everyone.

for the first time in my life, i am thinking of myself and doing what i want to do, saying no to what i do not want to do, and not feeling guilty for not doing those things.

i have a very guarded optimistic hope for my ex. since his remarkable change.....and i am very guarded about this also,......we can interact as friends now, which just amazes me.

several of my boundries include that my recovery, serenity, and peace come first, beyond anything else. he will not have access to my apt, i will not discuss past events, i will not discuss his legal issues or his program of recovery.

those are just a few. they are working very well.

i am so grateful that he is alive. i pray that he takes this gift of recovery and fly with it. i also am not invested in it, so i can observe as an outsider and just offer encouragement.

boundries are so wonderful. i discovered that they work in all aspects of my life and serve only to enrich my life to it's fullest.

many, many thanks to all the ones here that helped me so much.....you all know who you are.....all of you!!!!

jeri