View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

mrsmurph my marriage for all intents and purposes was over when I went into detox, as a matter of fact my wife was in the process of leaving me and taking the kids with her when I went into detox. She told me before I left and after I got out that me being sober may not be enough for her to stay.

Okay her is the shocker for some, but when I got out of detox I told my wife that I loved her and the kids, but I had to put my sobriety as my #1 priority in life because if I didn't what ever I put in front of my sobriety I was going to lose if I drank again.

She simply answered "We will see." Well here it is, almost a year later, I still have my sobriety as my #1 priority in my life, my marriage is getting better all the time, my wife is very happy with the new sober me.

My first husband left me for another woman because I was always running around doing this or doing that and not taking care of or paying attention to him and I can't let that happen again.
Can I take a wild guess and say that most of the running around doing this or doing that involved drinking?

Do you think if your drinking got worse that you might just start running around doing this or doing that again? Do you think your present husband would be happy about that? Where do you think both of you running around doing this or doing that as your drinking gets worse would lead?

I have lived some of the answers to these questions and have found that keeping my sobriety as the #1 thing in my life is the key to happiness for me.