Thread: What Addicts Do
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Spinner-007

I just can't believe it...

...my wife of 6 years, and mother to my three beautiful children, is addicted to pain killers. I don't understand addiction, but she's giving me a hard lesson about it. I don't know if it even compares to what addicts of other drugs go through, and I feel ashamed of this, and feel that I'm maybe not supposed to even be here. But reading passage from Jon made everything more clear, because she is all of this, and is choosing not to 'feel' anything over the family. She had stolen from our funds, her parents, and I don't know what else to get money to support this. I am so angry at her.

And yet, reading this has even made me less angry. SURPRISED?(that's what really hit home...), maybe. But not anymore...

I just don't know what to do from here, other than forcing her to face up to this: either us or the drugs. I know it's not supportive, especially that my children need their mother. But I just don't know what else to do, or how to help her.

Is it that I'm not dealing with the same person anymore? Is addiction to opiate-based pain killers any less harder to deal with than harder drugs, like herion, coke or crack?

I'm asking for anyone with any insight, because I just don't know...