View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
daydream
Obsessed Pug Momma

When I was a newcomer my sponsor had me call every day for the first few months. Then at times when i changed sponsors, they usually had me to call every day for the first 30 days. Fast forward to years later: whenever I must change sponsors I tell the new sponsor that I need to call every day for awhile, until I get comfortable talking to her . Every sponsor has been fine with that. Even after all these years, it is hard to push myself to get to know a new person. Making that commitment to call daily from the get-go makes it easier for me. After I'm comfortable and having meaningful conversations with sponsor, I back off to about 3 times per week, but that's with me having some years clean and having a pretty good ability to apply the program to daily issues. But there is no hard and fast rule. There have been times when my sponsor thought I should call daily until a tough situation passed. A few times I was the one who suggested I should bump it up to daily for awhile, such as when taking medication I was concerned about.