Thread: What Happened?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
caraway

Hi laurenlanai, thanks for the reply. No, I wasn't suggesting you were judging me. Sorry if it came across like that. I mentioned the term 'troubled' because jfanagle used it in his post. Sick is a term often used by people in AA and that and similar terms are used by AA members in this forum implying that that is what we all are. Not you - you haven't said that - so don't take that personally. They often say what their fault is followed by words suggesting that all alcoholics have this fault - and being an alcoholic I feel that they must be including me and I do find that offensive/irritating. If they have that fault I wish they would just leave it at that and not include everyone else in their judgement. Alcoholics may share alot in common but I do believe we all have our differences and unless there is scientific proof to say that all or most alcoholics share this or that then I would rather try not to judge A's as a whole. So called normal people have a whole spectrum of faults too, thats what it is to be human. But I'm not aiming this at you laurenlai, I'm sorry I've made it come across like that.

I suppose I was using your reply to vent a bit in general because it does get to me sometimes. I mean some days I can let it pass.

Anyway, when all said and done, we're both here and we're both sober. Thats the important thing. I really am glad you've found a path of recovery that suits you and you are not an offensive person at all and of course I don't feel you've judged me. I think you've done marvellously and you're so incredibly young too! Well, you are from where I am anyway.

lots of love caraway x