View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

But its not MY accomplishment... Its God's
Green Tea I said and felt the same thing and my sponsor and grandsponsor spoke to me after a meeting and told me that I needed to take some credit for my sobriety, they told me that I took actions that resulted in God blessing me for them.

I admitted I was powerless over alcohol & could not manage my life.

I came to beleive that a Power greater then myself could restore my sanity.

When I turned my will and life over to the care of God as I understood Him was when the blessings started to roll in.

As I have continued to take actions that are in line with my HP the blessings have continued to roll in.

After that conversation I understood that I did have a part in it, but once I went past step 3 my part in it was taking the blessing I have been given from my HP and passing it on.

Do I take full credit for my sobriety? Absolutely not, but I did play a part in it by becoming willing to humble myself enough to not only find my HP, but to do as he would have me do and not do what the old drunk Martin would do.

God did not strike me sober for no reason, just like folks who relapse are not struck drunk, in both cases the person got what thier actions and thoughts earned them in one case blessing and in the other drunk!