View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Signal30

Wow!!! Seeing this post reminded me of something I used to do when I drank. I would put down about a case of beer on an empty stomach after getting home from work, and call a suicide hot line not because I wanted to actually kill myself, but just for someone to talk to. I would be depressed, and tell the person on the other line why I was depressed. I would tell them all my sorrows, usually bawling. The only thing I wouldn't tell them was that I thought I had a drinking problem. (I'm sure they knew I was pretty trashed when I called them, so I'm sure they were guessing that I may of had a drinking problem).

When I called the hot line I wasn't at my bottom yet, but from what I remember, I was close.

I thank God that I finally had the courage to finally admit to another person, (my fiancee) that I needed help with my drinking. (It wasn't a surprise to her). She got some numbers to locations of AA meetings and the rest is history. 464 days of history ago to be exact. And those days will increase as long as I take them one by one.

Tom