View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Momsrainbow

This is me to a tee!!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
No matter how good my recovery or how much I try to be the best person I can be...I still make mistakes and am not always right.

What surprises me today is my willingness to admit when I am wrong or when I make mistakes. Instead of feeling self-defensive about myself and my actions, it is okay for me to say "I made a mistake and I'm sorry".

I no longer have a need to defend what I know is right for me, no matter what anyone else may think of my choice, but I also no longer have a need to always be right...because nobody is "always" right.

Admitting my error and making amends if necessary keeps my side of the street clean.

Hugs
Thanks Ann-you have always been here!!!!!!! I still make more than my share of mistakes, time and time again. I know before I allow myself to be involved with AH it is a mistake-do it anyway and most certainly it was a mistake. Nothing drastic or dramatic as when I found SR in June. I guess what works for one does not always work for another. Eventually-we find our way with the support of SR. I have not posted for a week or so-got lots to post-but still thinking to word it all. Others might not think so-I darn it I know I am better and getting better each day, well maybe every other day. HUgs-I know it gets better!!!!!!!