View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Afraid2Succeed

Went to 1st NA meeting tonite!

Hi guys,
I've been reading this website intensely for the past couple days now, and finally the powers that be in SR finally granted me permission to post, woot!

In any event, today I went to my first NA meeting. I was apprehensive about the whole thing, but it turned out alright. I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't try to share, but maybe tomorrow I'll push myself. The room was packed with people standing outside the room, but a member gave me his seat. It was warm, I was sweating, and I was a tad uncomfortable. But I'll be back tomorrow.

Question for you guys: My DOC was marijuana. Do you think I would fit better in NA or AA? I know they treat the same thing - addiction - but since the drug culture is different than the alcohol in some ways, would it make a difference which meeting I attend? Also, do NA members look down on potheads because pot is considered less addictive?

And, is it normal for someone to attend their first NA meeting and want desperately to use again? I'm like so close to hitting the resin on my bowl (which I shouldve thrown out yesterday when I was more resolute). My illogical thinking is, because I just got sober, whats wrong with pushing my recovery back one day. Sigh! Anyway, any guidance would be appreciated.

BTW, I'd like to offer my condolences to the friends and families of greeneyes and castichrist (sp?). Their stories really hit home for me.

THanks,
Dave