Thread: ?????
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
respektingme

I had 2 herniated discs in my back for 9 months. The docs were careful when they prescribed the hydrocodone. I don't have an addictive personality, so I wasn't even tempted to get addicted to the stuff. Bothered my stomach anyway. However, I was desperate for relief. I did more research than I ever did in college. Tried everything from epidurals to a tenz unit, to physical therapy, chiropractic to traction. Wound up having surgery and have been pain free ever since. I'm not saying it's okay to have an addiction. Addiction subject aside, I honestly can not imagine living with that type of pain the rest of my life, although some people do it. I was desperate for help, and didn't need anyone to find numbers for me. I flew from Arkansas to California to be operated on by a doctor who had just started performing some new type of procedure. That's desperate. I remember lying in bed (had a baby at the time) thinking that I'd eventually have to put a bullet in my head if I didn't find relief. The pain is that bad. Don't know if his is, but if it is, I really feel for him.