Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Wading in.....
I can just barely REMEMBER being 24... LOL

I am in my early 50's. I have done a variet of jobs from training horses to dairy farming to engineering and bridge design to surveying. Currently I am a Real Estate Appraiser.

I spent my first years living in a residential city neighborhood. My teen years were spent living in a rural place and most of my free time was spent on horse back.

When I married I moved to a dairy farm which I was owner and operator of with my husband for 20 years. Currently I live in a too-big-house on a too-msmall-land parcel (1.1 acres) in a very small subdivision at the foot of the Catskill Mountains.

I love to read and anything I read I will finish (even if it is awful). I used to have favorite authors but I read faster than they write so now I try to read New Authors and New fiction for recreational reading. I read chemistry, math and (now) physics books and work thru the problems to (try) to keep my brain sharp. I love chemistry. I like applied math but hate math for the sake of math..... I like engineering.

I like music.. Classical (Baroque symphonies and concertos) and light opera (Mozart is my fav.). I like Rock 'n Roll but not rap or hip hop.

Of all the things I have done my favorite work has been the management/training of animals and veterinary work. I would go back to school and BE a vet if not for my age (can't pay back the loans or make the #'s work). I enjoy training my dog and my cats. I miss horses a lot.. have ridden over 50,000 miles on horse back in my life.

I like my life alone now. I can choose what to do and when and have to answer only to my dog and the cats. I am not afraid of being alone and have little time to be lonely.

My future plans are to sell my house (when the market stabilizes) and to buy a smaller house with outbuildings and available land and farm part time. I am thinking of stepping away from dairy and raising dairy replacements and sheep. I would like to train stock dogs and have a horse to train too.

I am a very direct person.. what you see is what you get. I have been criticised for being too direct and I have been trying to temper that a bit.

I am a talented artist and photographer with some professional background in both illustration and photography.

Howzat?