View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 12:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
calabash

Calling the cops in is just not an option. For many of the reasons Gary mentioins. Like I said in my first post, in active addiction I stole. Like was pointed out this happens sometimes in NA. We are addicts, some of us relapse. But applying spiritual principals is the key.

My main worry was he had not owend up. Now he has. He is back in a long term rehab. He has no money. He said he will pay it back whern he can. The rest is up to him. Its his amend that must be made. I have learnt in the rooms if I lend someone money, I must consider giving it to them. I have learnt that we are all one call from relapse. No one is ever safe from the disease. We must remain ever vigilant. Most importantly I have learnt to accept people as they are, and not to judge. I too was a thief a short while ago.

I think I had to come to terms with one of the people I lookewd up to as an example of recovery working, picking up again. I think my feeling spoke to the fear that we need to be ever vigilant. Thisd disease is both cunning and patient.

Thanks for letting me share