View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
liesagain

ryan I am glad to hear your mom is getting help for herself and you and your family.......its a tough road but it can get better...............

he never said hes sorry, well you know I have been dealing with this junk with my husband and he would get clean for awhile and then go back and not once did he really say he was sorry.............maybe because he knew he wasnt finished I'm not sure but recently he not only said he was sorry he asked for my forgiveness.................hes finally working his program in a real and sincere way and it shows in his actions and words..........but ya know what? him working a program and getting better wasnt what did it for me............honestly Once I started working on me, long before he was ready to work on himself......once I found a way to accept that he was ill, that his choices hurt him and were not really a reflection of if he loved me or not ...........somehow I found forgiveness and compassion for him under all the hurt and anger, and somehow I began to forgive him before he was even able to ask.................

Because FORGIVENESS is for us, not for them. That sounds strange, but we cant really start to heal or get better until we can somehow forgive them for not being who or what we wanted needed and deserved...............

Keep looking for help and understanding for yourself ryan because you are the only one you can change or fix.................

Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts!!!!!