View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MTBChick

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
My new years resolution for 2007 ~which I have maintained for almost 9 months now ~ is that my inner b*tch is not allowed to dial the phone or hit "send" without talking to a recovery friend first.

I have learned that it's healthy and OK for me to express those angry and frustrated feelings. It's just not always in my best interest to express them AT that moment TO the object of my frustration. Otherwise it most likely means I have to grovel around a bit and then Step 10 it and make more amends.

Just my experience...

Cats

Good Lord I wish I had read this earlier today!! I really really need to step up my program work and prayer. My ex-abf is a huge trigger for me.... I know this but yet I slip and go back even if momentarily and try to make him see what I do and say even though there is absolutely no way he will ever see a thing I say or do. I instead end up going directly to step 10 realizing my mistake but even that goes unnoticed by him. In the end I go away feeling worse about myself and believing what he says that he is responsible for what he did while drinking and that I'm the unhealthy one who will not take responsibility for my part in things and that I make everything his fault all the time and that nothing he will ever say or do will ever be enough for me. Yep I'm a bad person and I feel oh so great about myself after hearing these things. Sick how I go back to keep having it dished out to me. I've got to work on the impulsiveness.