View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by HKAngel24 View Post
What has worked for others?
Hi there, sorry your feeling this way. I've read your posts and know how you feel. Once i got past the obsession phase is when i started to clear my head and as the fog lifted in my own head i have started seeing things more clearly. The best thing i can suggest to you is work on YOU. He's away getting better and i've read enough here to know if your not working a program or getting better yourself it will be tough.

I don't mean for this to come across wrong, but why does this relationship HAVE to work so badly, it sounds like you give, give, give to get what in return (which i did myself)? I would have loved things to work out with me and J but i finally got to a point that it was out of my hands, i couldn't fix him and have let the cards fall where they may. You are a beautiful girl with alot of potential and love to give. Jeeze, i just re-read that and should apply to myself! I"m not trying to by a hypocrite here but reading your story i can relate. I would suggest NO contact or minimal, i think that has SAVED my life Don't get my wrong, i love J but he chose his path and i can't afford to follow him and make it work, i think either it works or it doesn't and then its time to focus on ourselves. I've now entered the angry stage and hope it stays a while for everything he did to me.

Like i said take what you want and leave the rest, but Al Anon and therapy and SR have SAVED MY LIFE I wish you the best.

Last edited by hbb; 08-28-2007 at 11:32 AM.