View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Originally Posted by CE Girl View Post
And excuse me for being so blunt, but your setting yourself up for more pain, if you are focusing more on trying to "make" him feel for what he did to you. Ain't gonna happen, no way, no how,,,,,,,

CE Girl, Im so sorry for your loss, i had not idea. I have set myself up all along, unfortunately. I've created drama in my head. Not so much lately since my vacation because i think i was finally exhausted of that thinking. My counselor has been great, she keeps reminding me that no matter who he ends up with that he has years and years of needed help other than just the alcohol issue. I just guess i thought that if he and i worked together we could come out on the other side TOGETHER I guess a real red flag should have been when his mom thanked me for all i was doing because since the age of 16 he had only been sober for 6 months and getting him to AA was a huge deal for them. Guess i didn't/don't know how bad things actually are/were for him and his family.

I keep telling myself is the best thing i could do for the situation is walk away for good, make sure he pays the loan and not look back. There is a tinsy part of me that wonders if he'll straighten out but not so much anymore. I truly believe it is sad and loved him with all my heart and i do hope he gets help sooner than later.