Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Dr. Snow

Originally Posted by Melanchonika View Post
i think im a inner-goth too, lol. Enneagram Type 4 (with a 5 wing)...otherwise known as 'the individualist' or 'creative romantic'. i was going to post this somewhere in the secular recovery forum awhile ago actually;....dont know how well personality tests go over here, but for those who appreciate the secular angle of recovery, i found it VERY interesting. seriously helped me to understand myself better, and finally affirm some of my issues/traits. i lean toward a more 'whole'person' approach to recovery, so it really was a blessing to me.

Yes, that IS very interesting! I have a family member who recently started working with alcoholics and addicts as a counselor at a state rehab facility. She said one of the first things she noticed is the frequency of a certain combination of personality traits among patients. In particular, she said that MOST are "independent," "idealists," "non-conformists," and "sensitive." Those are the exact words she used. We just had this conversation, on this very subject, about a week ago. This goes right along with what you are saying. She also added that many possess above average intelligence, and some are exceptionally intelligent. The latter group includes a couple of homeless people and one teenaged girl who is experiencing the severe and permanent physical destruction that meth addiction causes. Thanks for chiming in, Melanchonika!