View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sunshine321
It is what it is

Cw/kids
I agree with you also. And you are right about the attention. It has to be on him 24/7. It's pathetic. The only time it's allowed to not be focused on him is when it's to do with his daughter. And even then, I get a lot of comments when he's drunk and angry or even "sober" that the only thing I care about are the kids. Sheesh. I know that's why I've stayed and tried to make an impossible relationship work with an impossible alcoholic. Because I only care about the kids.

He's so sad. I actually feel pity for him today. The past few times he's gone on benders he's worse than ever, doing out of character things. I guess both my work is changing the dynamic which is making him more off balance and his alcoholism is progressing. He's only been irresponsible to a degree in the past (meaning he'll switch his schedule around to go in later but will work that day). Lately he's cancelled two appointments in a row the day after a bender. And they were both late in the day or evening. Luckily for him it's slow at work. He owns his own business by the way so no one to report to besides his customers.

Jenny