View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lady BlueMiles

I can see both sides of this situation but the post from CMC hit home for me. I would just be aware of when you feel suffocated, controlled and monitor how often this happens, when it happens, or if the two of you can resolve the issues, or if they continue to be brought up months later when he's drunk or if their are patterns or if it escalates. Just keep an objective eye on it like your doing now for awhile. It doesn't hurt to read up on what constitutes abuse and how to recognize the patterns and cycles.

What started out early on with normal hurt or jealous feelings in these kind of situations with my AH developed into more selfish, controlling behaviour especially when he's drinking. This even spills over into sober time now. If he feels threatened by outside influence on me from others, or when he wants to control any decisions we need to make, he will badger and coerce, belittle me, my job, my boss, my coworkers, my family, call me ugly names make a scene in front of people. Whatever he wants is what is important regardless of consequences. My needs or any effects on me from his decisions don't cross his mind. He will berate me to the quick to justify and get what he wants.

That's verbal and emotional abuse. Hope that's not what your dealing with.