View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
racegirl2448
Goin'....Goin'....Gone!

Pre-Employment Physical Question.....

I've never had a pre-employment physical before and I am wondering what to expect. I was offered a CNA position in a nursing home.

During my interview I told the lady about how I've had pre-employment drug testing but never a physical and she informed me that they did not do the drug testing but do require a physical before orientation day.
Does that make sense? A pre-employment physical with a urine/drug test? Wouldn't a urine/drug test be automatically part of any pre-employment physical?
What is envolved with a pre-employment physical anyways? Do they do basic things like.... blood pressure and stuff like that? Do they make you lift stuff to make sure your back is ok or do they just ask you if you have any back issues? I am petrified to go for this physical. I got the job and now I am freaking out cuz what if I fail the physical. I know I am healthy and can do the work though so I guess I should not worry so much.
Another question....
If they do end up doing a urine/drug test (even though the lady said they don't) as long as I have the pharmacy print outs (the papers that you get with any scripts)
then if they find the oxycodone I have a script so I should be fine right?
I also heard that a basic urine/drug test for a new job tests for most street drugs plus "opiates" and that oxycodone will not show as an opiate and they have to request a seperate test for oxycodone..... is that true?
I take Oxycontin & Oxycodone for breakthrough..... both are the same drug just one is fast release and the other is slow release so if by chance I get tested and I am positive for oxycodone do I have to tell them I take both or can I just say I take the oxycodone PRN a few nights a week? I would think that they can not tell the difference between both drugs as they both have the same ingredients in them. I really do not want them to know exactly what meds I take.... I would like some privacy.
Any thoughts or information would be appreciated.
Thankx for letting me ramble on.... I am just nervous and really need this great paying job. I can not wait to start.