Thread: Feeling anxious
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Introvrtd1

Lil,

I was given a task several months ago. It was monumental. I didnt have the confidence I could do it. I said to myself, "come what may, I will get thru it".

It was difficult. I made some mistakes. I was chastized at times. Not everyone was happy with my performance all the time.

The project lasted a few months. When it was over, there was satisfaction, praises for those I was responsible for, and good things to say about the team I was in charge of.

Without being thanked directly, I knew I had succeeded.

A few months later, I was asked to do another project.

This time, I was prepared. I had more experience.

By the time it was over, I had exceeded all expectation. The project turned out very well, and there was admiration by all. Even the team members were surprised by the leadership and innovation I produced.

What Im saying is, keep going. You will get better. Very few of us get it right the first time. The more times we do something, the better we get. The more experience we gain, and the easier it is.

Its like driving..........first time its nerve racking and scary. Leaning forward while white-knuckling the steering wheel. Concentration is thru the roof. Soon, we're leaning back, have one hand one the steering wheel, arm out the window and enjoying the ride.

Dont quit!! Show em' what u got!!!

Intro