Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CBrown

I understand where you're coming from when you say you keep contact because you want to. Sometimes I think that by not calling you are still giving the A control. You do what you want to do. To me that says "it's all about you." I may be way off base, but then, I'm dealing with the same things you are dealing with. A's are so selfish, so into themselves, that any way we can make it all about us, I'm all for it.

It's really quiet around here this weekend, because my ABF thinks he's punishing me by not calling. I like quiet - I was an only child too. I was working today, driving around in the car and thinking how it's days like this that life is boring. But then two things came to mind. First, I think of the cruise we just got back from, toting him around everywhere, non-stop bar hopping, wondering when he would try to belittle me next, wondering when his temper would flare because of some imagined slight. OMG, it was awful at times. Compared to that the silence is golden.

The 2nd thought I had was that negative excitement is worse than the boredom. I need to figure out more ways to entertain myself, maybe go to a movie, or call some of my good friends.

It's all about you for a change -- keep thinking that.