View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 01:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zombina

Unhappy I think I need some help.

Basiclly I'm sixteen and I drink every day. I sometimes pride myself in being able to outdrink everyone at a party, but really, no one my age should be able to drink like I do. I drink alone. I can't fall asleep. I can only pass out. And it's becoming a problem.
I have many reasons I should be trying to quit. I'm a really dedicated dancer, and it's affected that big time. I'm dragging someone I really care about into another addiction. And I'm gaining weight from the calories I'm consuming in alcohol everyday. I have an underage under my belt, and this just is not working.
There are many reasons I don't want to go to treatment. I don't want to be viewed as the average teenage drinker. I don't want lectures on how alcohol isn't cool and the like. I'm beyond that point. And I've seen many products of teenage rehabs. Basiclly it's nothing I'd even consider.
I've beaten my fair share of addictions cold turkey and on my own. I think this is the one that's sticking though. All the logic is there as to why I should quit. I just can't seem to care or have the slightest motivation to. There's no real concern there yet.
I came here to try to gain some perspective.