View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
shutterbug
A picture's worth a 1000 words

i think fat cells can grow, but haven't a clue if meds can make that happen. I think it would be more caused by hormones, but again...haven't a clue there.

No, i wasn't in special ed classes, but i think it was discussed once b/c of my horrible spelling and math. I do know that i had to do a "special ed" type spelling class in the 2nd grade, where only a handful of us went into another room to work on spelling seperately from the rest of the class.

I actually wasn't diagnosed in school as having AD/HD. And it is so closely confused with bipolar disorder (the 2 being misdiagnosed for each other in 50 percent of cases studied) that i just talk about it like i have 2 seperate disorders as a way to help me seperate it in my mind and easier for others to understand. Truth be known...i haven't a clue if I am soley bipolar or also have co-existing AD/HD. But i know what the symptoms of both are and I deal with both on a daily basis.

People understand the symptoms of AD/HD as meaning difficulty with concentration and dislexia and procrastination and all that...and when people hear bipolar they think of the mood swings.

Heck, i even have a theory that one day the docs/researchers will realize that everyone with bipolar has co-existing AD/HD because it's just part of it. Although, it would still be possible to have ONLY the AD/HD and not the bipolar.

It's hard to explain my thoughts on this so i hope some of that makes sense.

BTW, my sister WAS diagnosed AD/HD and dislexia in school...and she didn't have to be in special ed classes either (and to this day she is now 28 and making twice my salary each year and struggles to spell many simple 4 and 5-letter words).