Thread: Court Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

I have 3 DUI's

In Delaware, for the FIRST one, I was considered a "First Time Offender" even though my blood alcohol level of .337 was way too high for me to get that break, don't know how my attorney managed it! Then, not being "scared straight" yet, I got another one 9 months later (I was "controlling" my drinking and thought I could handle driving-on a suspended license, yet.) The next day I drove a friend's car to to the impound where my car had been taken (of course I was drunk, total insanity!) and got stopped again, but since I was considered a First Time Offender in the beginning, the worst thing, other than fines of about $1200.00, was 8 days in jail. When I got out I had to do the breathalizer thing for a couple of months, since I was still "in custody" though I was allowed to be home, but I had to check in with the officers any time I left the house to go to work, etc. During that time I missed my stepsons's wedding-I wasn't allowed to attend because of alcohol being served, even though I begged. It was the most horrible time of my life, yet STILL I drank up until just a few days ago. WHY?!!! Please use your experience to get control of your life. I could have killed myself or someone else and be in jail for vehicular homicide as we speak! My life would be over. Sending love and hope out to you.....