Thread: Who am I?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 04:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

quoted by hbb
It's weird because on vacation i said to a friend that without the everyday drama i feel bored......i know it's nuts!

Relate to this hbb so much. When my son was severely addicted to drugs, the drama was incredible, the intense and continuous worrying about him nearly destroyed me and everyday I use to ask myself: whats the point in living, why am I going through this, who the hell am I. It wasnt until I cut all ties with him that my life started again. Slowly as I let go of him and let go of all the guilt and blame I felt, I got to know me. All my energy was focussed on him and not me.
In just a few short years I have blossomed and am a totally changed person. I think once I started considering me and doing for me, the more I liked it. I didnt have to feel guilty because I wasnt thinking about someone else all the time. The best lesson I learned was to get to know myself and to always remember this.
Dont worry about what you think people think and dont worry about what people do think about you. Most of the time its not true anyway.
I guess my point is, if you believe in yourself and trust you instincts you will find yourself. Best part, make sure you laugh at least once a day.