Thread: Lost Weekends
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cekiya

Lost Weekends

Hi,

I've been lurking here for quite awhile, and I realized that it was time to get to work.

I'm a weekend drinker. I can go through the workweek without a drink and it doesn't bother me, but at the end of the week, I lose total control. I also lose the entire weekend.

I hate myself for not being able to get a grip on it. I can't understand why I can go without drinking for five days, but can't manage the other two...it makes no sense. I also realize that I need to get some support, and this looks like a good place to find it.

That still, small voice in my head that I have ignored for most of my life is telling me that it is time to get my act together. I know at some level within me that nothing will work if I don't apply the spiritual principles as well as the physical and mental ones. I don't believe that I can think myself well as some recovery programs would have you believe. The same insanity that talks me into drinking isn't going to talk me out of it. I need to find a source of power that is greater than my own crazy thinking.

I have always been able to write out my thoughts better than to speak them, so a message board seems like a good place to start.

Thank you for reading this; I feel as though something has led me here.

Cekiya