Thread: I'm just so sad
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pick-a-name

I know how you are feeling.

Perhaps the biggest ZINGER that my exAH told me was when he moved out and announced that he was going to divorce me because he realized he was still young (and full of himself!) and wanted to "fall in love again" before he died. UGH.

I realize now how that little remark has been messing with my mind (how I allowed it to be about me and my unworthiness to him) and how it kept me in the fight to want him back. very strange. Thanks for getting me to think about this.

He is 53yr old: in the last 2 years (since this remark) has had two back surgeries, surgery for prostate cancer, got hearing aids, is quickly balding,overweight, depressed and angry and still drinking and has walked away from his wife of almost 30yrs and his two children because he thinks he should see what's out there that me might be missing....what is wrong with THAT picture?

Actually, I am the one that should be doing that! (People think I look 20yrs younger since I started taking better care of myself, and think he is the older one now! ha)